LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Getting ready for the Academy

Last post 05-06-2007, 12:53 AM by raimius. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-03-2007, 9:39 AM 4266

Getting ready for the Academy

My son is finishing the eighth grade and we are working on his schedule for next year.  All he's ever wanted to do was go to the Academy and then fly.  He has good grades, is in NJHS usually makes the all "A" honor roll with one "B" every once in awhile.  He isdyslexic but is very good in compensating.  He is an Eagle Scout,  has logged many hours in flight time and will be getting his private pilot's liscense at 16 (His dad is a pilot and an instructor). He should have his sailplane liscense this year.  He is also involved in several sports and participates in Athletics in our Middle School and will, I'm sure, continue to be involved in Varsity, Football, Baseball and Track when he's old enough.  My question is about Pre AP and AP classes.

Would it be better to work on getting higher grades in a regular class than in a PreAP .  I'm not sure if the Academy even looks at PreAP classes.  The PreAP classes at our school only add an extra .5 grade points into the Average.  We are working on choice sheets and registration for next year and are not sure which way to go.  With his Dyslexia it take him twice as much work to accomplish the same grades as the other students, but he's determined and feels he can keep his grades up. Do we need to work on the GPA or on the advanced classes as a Freshman.

Thanks

•  05-04-2007, 10:30 AM 4272 in reply to 4266

Re: Getting ready for the Academy

I hope we were able to answer your question over at www.serviceacademyforums.com
  •  05-06-2007, 12:53 AM 4275 in reply to 4266

Re: Getting ready for the Academy

AP/PreAP classes are not required, but they are a very good thing.  The academy recommends the highest level courses available (with good reason).
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us